Using our specific 5-Point Soccer Developmental Model, we offer a safe, age-appropriate learning atmosphere for three specific player groups (U6-U9, U10-U14 and U15-U19). Our instructors have carefully created a system which will provide players the opportunity to embrace the best in technical, tactical and athlete performance.
- FUNDAMENTALS – The cornerstone of learning, a successful playing career starts here. Our instructors will concentrate on these areas:
- BALL SKILLS – Instructors will provide an increased player understanding of the importance of being able to possess the ball successfully. Players will learn the importance of striking the ball with the laces, the inside, outside or soles of the foot in order to control the ball while dribbling or setting up and passing to a teammate.
- 1v1 TRAINING – Soccer is a team sport, but much of the action a player is involved with is in a 1v1 (player vs. opponent) setting
- MENTAL COGNITION/GAME REALISTIC TRAINING – While soccer is a sport of athletic prowess and conditioning, those are only physical components of the game. For players to increase their overall skills there must be a successful mental approach to the sport.
- ADVANCED TRAINING: During this phase of training instructors will utilize techniques and tactics learned during the other portions of academy instruction and expand a player’s knowledge base even farther.
Kevin Nadeau, Jr, a Morganton, North Carolina native, was a successful multi-sport athlete in high school before deciding to commit to soccer full time. He was a 2x All Region selection in 2011 and 2013 at Freedom High School. In 2014, Kevin started his collegiate soccer career at Lenoir Rhyne University(“LR”). During his 4-year tenure at LR, he played all 10 field positions, helped captain two back-back NCAA appearances, the first in 10 years at LR, and competed at a national level on the Track & Field Team. Along with playing soccer, he coached at Catawba Valley Youth Soccer Association (“CVYSA”) with U10-U19 girls and boys teams. After college, Kevin entered the professional ranks of soccer playing a season for the West Virginia Chaos, qualifying for the MLS Cup. Currently, Kevin plays for the Evergreen Hammers, a USL League two-side club.
Kevin graduated with a Master of Science in Exercise Science from Lenoir-Rhyne University in Hickory, North Carolina as well as a Bachelor's in Exercise Science. He holds a certification as a Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist by the NSCA and spent a year at LR developing athletes as a Strength & Conditioning Coach. Kevin is grateful to be a part of this well trained and experienced staff and looks forward to supporting the growth and development of the athletes that we serve.