3 Point Soccer Development
FUNDAMENTALS – The cornerstone of learning, a successful playing career starts here. Our instructors will concentrate on these areas:
- Dribbling: Soccer players are constantly on the move and more importantly, expected to run in full stride with fluidity while moving the ball with precision. Either with the left foot, or the right, our players will become fluent with all surfaces of the foot for precise, clean, and aggressive dribbling techniques.
- Passing: Players will learn proper technique for short, middle, and long distance passing game. We will focus on the individual breakdown of each type of pass to give players the most tools when out on the pitch. Players will learn when to pass to a players feet, lead them into space, and pick pockets between lines with penetrating passes during their training.
- Receiving the Pass: A pass isn’t completed unless a player successfully receives and controls the ball. Academy participants will become efficient at receiving the ball with not only their feet but thighs, hip, chest and head. This skill will be instrumental to the players next movement and the success of each players ability to play at a high level.
- Shooting: Our coaches will teach striking techniques for every situation and not limiting players to just their feet. Academy players will develop the skill to strike a sitting, rolling, bouncing, or overhead ball on goal. Our training will make clinical finishers inside and outside of the box to maximize scoring potential from all positions of the field.
- Consistency: A soccer match encompases short bursts of speed, breaking down, cutting, as well as long spurts of continuous running all in one. Our players will learn how to maintain proper form in all fundamentals from the start of the game, until the ref blows the whistle to end the match. This will allow for our academy players to maintain high levels of play at a fast pace, negating the effects of fatigue.