The recruiting process can be a fun, exciting, and enjoyable journey, as long as you are prepared, work hard, have realistic expectations, and have the right tools to guide you along the process. These 5 recruiting tips will help you get started on your recruiting journey and help you navigate the recruiting process.
Top 5 college recruiting tips to get you started in the process:
1. Start the recruiting process early
2. NCAA Division I is not the only option
3. Don’t rely on someone else to find your scholarship
4. Academics matter
Here is a simple formula: ATHLETICS + ACADEMICS = COLLEGE SCHOLARSHIP
5. Develop a game plan and be persistent
(2) Get your coach involved as a reference
(3) Rach out to the schools on your list. Being persistent means contacting multiple realistic schools, multiple times. You have to understand that your initial contact with a coach is an introduction and you aren’t going to land a roster spot with one email. Be prepared to hear nothing from many of the schools you contact, but don’t take it personally.
Getting to the next level can be a daunting process,but it is worth every second. Every step you take, every college coach you email, and every college tour you go on is getting you that much closer to finding your dream school!
Prepare to Perform
Leave a Reply.